A Candidates position on the final list of eligible's shall be determined by written test score, oral interview score and preference points the applicant may qualify for.
- CPAT or physical ability test is a requirement but is pass/fail only.
- Veterans - Five (5) points for persons who were engaged in active military service for the United States for at least one (1) year and were honorably discharged (requires DD 214)
- Educational - Five (5) points for persons who have successfully obtained an associate's degree in the field of fire service, or a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
- Experience - Five (5) points for persons who were employed as full time firefighters or firefighter paramedics by a fire protection district or another municipality for at least two (2) years.
- Paramedic - Five (5) points for persons who have obtained a license as a paramedic.
- Residency - Five (5) points for persons whose principal residence is located within the fire department's jurisdiction.