Special Events Liquor Licenses
Current license holders and bona fide non-for-profit organizations may make application for a Special Events Liquor License in the City of Jacksonville. A license may be issued for one, two or three consecutive days and is specific to the premises occupied by the current licensee or non-for-profit organization during a special event sponsored by the organization or licensee.
In any calendar year, licenses are granted in the following manner:
1. No more than five (5) Special Events licenses for beer and wine for
consumption on the licensed premises, and;
2. No more than five (5) Special Events licenses for alcoholic liquor for
consumption on the licensed premises
Current license holder fees:
1. Beer and wine only - $100 for each day or part thereof; and
2. Alcoholic liquor - $150 for each day or part thereof
Bona fide non-for-profit organization fees:
1. Beer and wine only - $50 for each day or part thereof; and
2. Alcoholic liquor - $75 for each day or part thereof
Submit the following documents for issuance of a Special Events license:
1. Special Events Liquor License Application
2. Written authorization from the owner for use of the premises, if the
applicant is not the owner.
3. A certificate of insurance showing evidence of dram shop and liability
4. Appropriate fee payment - check payable to City of Jacksonville.
5. BASSET certification for liquor managers, bartenders, servers, and any
other employee involved in the furnishing of alcoholic beverages to
customers at a special event.
6. If applying as a bona fide not-for-profit organization, proof of said status.
All documents and application are to be submitted to the Mayor's Office,
200 West Douglas, Jacksonville, IL 62650 - please phone 217-479-4610
for any additional assistance.