Local Election Authority
The City Clerk is the local election authority responsible for the election of officers for municipalities. City Clerk Skip Bradshaw announces that Jacksonville citizens interested in running for an aldermanic position in the 2019 Consolidated Election must complete the documents below and return to the City Clerk's Office between November 19 and November 26, 2018 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. The Consolidated Primary Election is set for February 26, 2019, and the Consolidated Election is set for April 2, 2019.
City of Jacksonville Aldermen, whose four-year terms expire May, 2019 include:
- Bill Scott (Ward 1)
- Tony Williams (Ward 2)
- Marcy Patterson (Ward 3 - 2 year term to fill unexpired term)
- Travis Richardson (Ward 3)
- Aaron Scott (Ward 4)
- Don Cook (Ward 5)
You may contact City Clerk Skip Bradshaw at 217-479-4613 should you have any questions. The State Board of Elections may also be contacted for information regarding municipal elections.
Please complete the following forms if you wish to run for Alderman. Please note - several of the documents must be notarized. Please DO NOT sign the documents until you are in the presence of a Notary Public. For your convenience, the City of Jacksonville offers Notary Public Service at no charge.
- Letter to Candidate - Read Me First
- 2019 Candidate's Guide
- Ward Map
- Campaign Packet Checklist
- D-5 Notice of Obiligation
- Receipt for D-5 Notice of Obligation/Campaign Disclosure
- Statement of Candidacy - Non Partisan
- Loyalty Oath
- Statement of Economic Interest
- Consolidated Primary Petition
- Number of Petition Signatures Required
- Receipt for Filing