Local Election Authority
The City Clerk is the local election authority responsible for the election of officers for municipalities. Any Jacksonville citizen interested in a City of Jacksonville elected office position must complete the following documents and return them to the City Clerk’s Office between November 21, 2016 and November 28, 2016, between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
City of Jacksonville elected offices include:
- Office of the Mayor (4-year term)
- Office of the City Clerk (4-year term)
- Office of the City Treasurer (4-year term)
- Ten (10) Aldermen (Staggered 4-year terms)
You may contact City Clerk Skip Bradshaw at 217-479-4613 should you have any questions. The State Board of Elections may also be contacted for information regarding municipal elections.
The required materials to file as a candidate can be found below.
- Statement of Economic Interest
- 2017 Candidate's Guide
- 2017 Election Letter to Candidates
- Receipt for Campaign Disclosure Materials
- D-5 Campaign Disclosure-Notice of Obligation
- Receipt for Filing
- Statement of Candidacy
- Loyalty Oath (Optional)
- 2017 Number of Petition Signatures Required
- 2017 Primary Petition